Graduation Speech


We really made it. I just want to say thank you to all my teachers, who gave me homework every day and pushed my limits of learning until 2 am. Thank you to all the parents, who didn’t check their students grades in between quarters. And thank you to the students, for all being my friends during my middle school experience and putting up with me. It is such a privilege to get to stand here and express all the memories and emotions for the class of 2018 and share what is in our hearts as we move onto the next chapter of our lives as high schoolers.


Middle school was a rough, but fun journey. I remember my first day of 5th grade when I thought I would get trampled in the halls and all the students I used to know would change because of the new chapter of our lives from elementary school to middle school. I was so proud of myself for making it through that year of being the youngest in the school. It was an interesting journey of banning rainbow loom obsessions to kids eating paper in math class.


When I moved on to 6th grade I felt so powerful not being the youngest anymore. 6th grade for me consisted of Greek and Latin roots, Medieval Times in Mrs.Nelson’s class, paper roller coasters in Tech, and learning to dab and whip, but definitely not succeeding.  


The transition from 6th grade to 7th grade felt amazing, 7th grade for me was very new. My 7th grade year was pretty great from being able to go to the commons every day, learning how to speak Spanish, getting my white out snatched up by Mr.Gilman, and of course I can’t forget about Hit the Quan and Musically. To be honest I never thought I would be here, I still remember sitting in these very rows watching past 8th graders graduate thinking this day would never come, well it definitely went fast.

8th grade, wow, I didn’t think four years would fly by. It feels like just yesterday I was walking in the school practicing having my own locker combo and showing up 30 minutes early to 5th grade orientation. I have so many things that made up my 8th grade year, fidget spinners, rants about school 24/7, slime, the ABC countdown, teachers vs students basketball game, Cheetos in the chancla, and I can’t forget about the only lunch food that the whole class of 2018 will definitely miss, pizza dippers. Remember our kindergarten graduation, well today we are graduating from middle school and moving onto the next big chapter of our lives, high school.

If I wrote all of the memories from this class at Golf Middle School in this speech it would take all day. we have all loved and cherished these memories and we will never forget our time at Golf. The future holds a lot for this ridiculous class of 2018, so in the famous words of Abraham Lincoln, “ The best way to predict the future is to create it.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ranting is Good For The Soul

Future Latte

Dear Diary