The Darkness

        I woke up to nothing. Darkness around me, throughout the cold, windy air. when I stood up I walked, far, far away. I stepped into nothingness. Following my heart and mind to wherever my feet led me. I ended on a ledge, a tall windy ledge. I opened my eyes and light hit me the same time reality did. Once I realized what was happening, I sat. Going slowly down on that cold, windy ledge. I looked far out, out into the danger and sorrow that was now our world. The crashed cars, dead, cold people, and hot flames that lit up the cloudy morning sky. I looked around the city that used to be filled with happy people and exciting adventures waiting behind every corner. But now I see the cold, cloudy, trashed city that has no end to its wretchedness. What happened? Why did our world end so sharply? My deep breathes use to be filled with clean, happy life. Now they consisted of smoke, and deathly sorrow. What happened to reality?

        I focused on the girl out in the distance to see what happens in our world these days. I watched. The girl out in the distance screamed. Everyone heard, but no one came to see what had happened. They just listened to the loud, high-pitched screams coming from the small, dark room. She walked in there thinking about her past dreams that she had thought of the night before, instead of the new horrors she would dream tonight. After she walked out of the room, she had watery eyes and a scared look on her face. She had never told anyone what he did to her, she just looked up at the cloudy, smokey skies. Realizing what had just happened, and trying to keep her emotions hidden. She walked into the darkness on July second and she never forgot and she will always remember what had happened in the darkness. She is now always aware and never the same. I know her, she is a lot like me. I walked into the darkness on July second also, and I will never forget.

The Moral: I wrote this short story to spread awareness about sexual abuse and physical abuse. People don't really think about it that the people around them could be going though it or it happened to them in the past. I talked about sexual abuse because I believe it's a topic that should be known about because if you don't know what it is then how do you know if it happened to you. 


"When you stand and share your story in an empowering way,
 your story will heal you and your story will heal somebody else." 

   I know this isn't something a 13 year old student on a school blog post should be talking about, but it is a very important subject that not many people talk about. No one ever told me about it, so I ever knew it happened. I want other people to know about it and talk, because if you don't it will always be a secret they are scared of. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ranting is Good For The Soul

Future Latte

Dear Diary