Tests are Stress

Why do tests even exist? Tests are basically a compiled list of very hard questions meant to stump students and create stress. When you hear a teacher announce that there is a test coming  up, you freak out. There is now a whole list of stress leading up to that test. For example, "When is the test? What do I use to study? How do I study? Should I tell my parents about the test? What if I fail? Will I have to retake the grade? What if I don't get into a good college?" and those are only a few of the many stress questions that all the students ask ourselves. The stress that students face when they are taking a test or studying for a test is honestly not healthy. Students can experience anxiety, depression, sleep deprivation, stomach aches, acne and breakouts, migraines, and maybe even drug or alcohol addiction. Tests are a torture device written on paper or  typed on the computer. All of these tests are meant to rank children and sort them based on a single standardized test. Students can loose self confidence or feel dumb when they don't get a good score on a test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ranting is Good For The Soul

Future Latte

Dear Diary